When the 115th Congress gets back to “work” tomorrow it will not be “business as usual”. The status quo is no more and not just because Donald J. Trump is president. The election of President Trump should have been your “wake-up call”. 94% of you in this Congress were in the last Congress. 100% of you are accountable to the tax payers, when the tax payers finally start holding you accountable will be another great event.
I have heard little if anything from you in regards to your plan for America under a new administration, a republican administration. I have heard much from some of you both republican and democrat on your plans to oppose a president Trump administration. You offer nothing better, you apparently will settle for the role of an obstructionist.
At least the President has a vision for America and what he thinks is good for America, sadly it appears that you do not. It appears that you place you and your party before your country. Perhaps the worst insult to the citizenry is the fact that you make excuses.
Let me remind you of this. Obamacare was forced down the throats of America. Total support from the democrats, and total opposition by the republicans. Thing is nobody even bothered to read the damn bill that became law. The former Speaker even said you have to pass it to find what is in it.
The republican leadership, at that time, said they could do nothing as the minority party, an excuse. The next election cycle gave control of the House of Representatives to the republicans and still nothing. The republican leadership, at that time said they could do little if anything without control of the Senate. You gained control of the Senate, retained control of the House and still nothing, another excuse. The republican leadership, at that time said they cold do more if they had the White House. Okay now you have control of the Senate, the House and the White House. It is now time to sh*t or get off the pot. Do not fail us. Now you have no excuse.
You claim to have no power when you are in the minority. The democrats seem to have all the power in the world when they are the minority. Could it be that you are actually one party?
I have a sneaking feeling that the laws you write do not always apply to you. I suspect that if Obamacare applied equally to you, there might have been more opposition. I also suspect if anyone bothered to read it, it would have had even more opposition. The same goes for Social Security and Medicare, you do participate in those mandatory programs, right?
Therefore and just to keep everything on the up and up it is probably time to amend the Constitution. This is only necessary because you apparently have neither morals, scruples, honor or integrity.
The Amendment should be entitled; Amendment 28-Legislation Clarified.
1. No legislation shall be forwarded to the President without first being read in its entirety by each member voting on such Legislation.
2. Each member will attest to having read the legislation in its entirety by placing his or her signature on the signature page.
3. Each member will attach a statement clarifying his or her support or opposition to the legislation.
4. Amendments or additions to the proposed Legislation shall face the same rules as the original Legislation.
5. Congress shall propose no Legislation that exempts any member of the Government, Elected or Appointed.
6. Congress shall not propose any Legislation that rewards or protects any one group or classification of citizens.
7. If the proposed legislation requires federal funds it must be clear in the legislation, amendment or additions exactly where the money came from and how it is to be funded.
8. No legislation will be submitted if is to be funded with borrowed money.
9. No Legislation will be submitted that is funded by future savings.
10. There will be no subsidized private programs or industries.
11. There shall be no further Legislation, Regulations or Rules at the Federal level that encroach on or abridge the Rights entitled to the States and the Citizens.
12. All haste will be made to repeal all Laws, Regulations and Rules at the Federal level currently in force that are Reserved to the States and the Citizens.
Now we come to a serious matter that does require the attention of the congress critters. While the previous administrations have embarked on a path of nation building, with your support America has been neglected. Much national treasure has been wasted in nations that have made little if any progress America has made no progress. Much treasure has been wasted at the U.N. with almost nothing to show for it. Few if any are better off for the wasted effort and this Republic is worse off. Some of America’s finest have been wasted or maimed in the name of politics, only to be injured again by neglect. This last presidential election from the primaries up to the general election was the people speaking out and someone finally was willing to listen.
Some have said this past election was about the forgotten, the forgotten men and women. While I agree with that, it also made a statement. The statement was “We ain’t gonna take it no more no more. We ain’t gonna be forgotten no more. We ain’t gonna take the insults and injuries no more. No more, damn it.
I would like to remind the congress critters that America is made up of 50 States and 1 District. This is especially important when it comes to funding the infrastructure projects. Do not repeat the failures of the past. There is more to America than the North East, the Upper Mid-West and the West Coast. You would do well to remember the South and the Heart Land.
As a matter of fact it would probably be all the better if the federal government stayed out of the infrastructure projects altogether and let the localities and states along with private enterprise handle it. The reason I say that is this; Why should I in Florida be forced to pay for improvements in another state?(more on this in a later post)
God Bless President Donald J. Trump our 45th President, the First Lady and the First Family. God Bless this Republic.
Lastly I would like to say this. God Bless Dixie and God Bless the Heart Land. The South and the Heart Land may be just what saved this Republic.(more on this in a later post, as well)